Summer is just around the corner. I can feel it in the strength of the sunshine and smell it in the air. My Memorial Day Weekend beach trip is so close I can TASTE it, and it tastes like key lime and mangoes!
I chose whole milk yogurt for this parfait because healthy fats keep you feeling full for hours. My mangoes were very ripe so the sweetness perfectly counterbalanced the tart, lime-flavored yogurt. The crunchy crumble topping was a nice contrast to the creamy yogurt and silky mango.
Key Lime Pie Breakfast Parfait with Mango
Indulgent and tropical, this parfait is perfect for enjoying on warm summer mornings outside.
- 4 ripe mangoes, peeled and diced – 1 quart whole mlk yogurt – 1/2 cup key lime juice (I used Nellie & Joes)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 20 grams (about 3) dried pitted dates
- 1 oz. pecans – 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- In a food processor, combine oats, dates, pecans and cinnamon and pulse until a fine crumb has formed.
- Stir together yogurt and lime juice.
- In four cups, layer yogurt, then diced mango, then top with a sprinkling of crunchy topping.
Each parfait is 423 calories, 28g protein, 15g fat and 54g carbs. That’s a lot of protein for something that tastes like dessert.
This is a seriously a delicious, tropical feeling breakfast that still has a solid stick-to-your-ribs quality that’ll last you until lunch. I hope you give it a shot!
And did you think I forgot about my last post where I showed you this picture?
I didn’t! It’s a picture of a COTTON TREE that I took this past Monday at Longwood Gardens! Click on the link to learn more. 🙂 Happy weekend!
2 thoughts on “Recipe: Key Lime Breakfast Parfait + The Answer to “What Is It?””
That is amazing!! I never would’ve thought of it being from a TREE!! The parfait looks scrumptious!!
Isn’t it the COOLEST? I took the photo and thought it looked like an alien landscape!