It’s in the 80s here in Philly, but as I do every year I’m resisting turning the air on. Because I’m CHEAP. *cough* Frugal. I wanted something cool for dessert but I’m all out of ice cream, but a quick perusal of my fridge turned up everything for a banana split sans the ice cream, so I figured, why not MAKE banana soft serve, but spruce it up a bit!
Healthy Banana Split
The perfect dessert for banana split lovers, without the guilt.
- – 1 small banana
– 1 tbsp half and half
– 1 tbsp maraschino cherry juice
- 1 tbsp light chocolate syrup
- 1 maraschino cherry
- 1. In a bowl, mash banana with half and half and maraschino cherry juice.
2. Put in the freezer for 1 hour or until firm like ice cream, stirring once or twice.
- Scoop into a bowl and top with chocolate syrup and a cherry.
Not bad for something I threw together with stuff I just had in my fridge, huh?! And guess what, it’s 167 calories. Giggity, giggity!