Thanksgiving is only ONE WEEK AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Some of the more “with it” bloggers will already be posting holiday gift idea lists full of beautiful handmade gifts. This gal has just decided on what she’s going to cook for Thanksgiving dinner. I promise I won’t panic.
The good news is, my Thanksgiving dinner is always simple: I cook a healthier version of the main Thanksgiving meal at home for my husband and I and then we go to my Godmother’s for dessert. This keeps dessert out of the house but still lets us enjoy the pumpkin and pecan pie. Every year I tweak the menu a little bit with a few base staples. Here’s this year’s menu:
- Herb Roasted Turkey Breast and Homemade Gravy
- Crescent rolls
- Stovetop Stuffing (I LIKE IT LEAVE ME ALONE)
- Date-Sweetened Cranberry Sauce
- Mashed Sweet Potatoes with Marshmallow Fluff Swirl
- Brussels Sprouts with Bacon, Caramelized Onions and Mushrooms
What are you making for Thanksgiving this year? Do you have any family favorites that you just HAVE to make? Let me know!