How to Survive a Road Trip and Not Blow Your Calorie Budget
What will keep you from feeling frail
Without showing up on the scale?
Can ya dig it?
It’s road trip season, people!
Day trip, weekend, vacation, tour of the USA, no matter the length of your road trip you can seriously pack on the pounds unless you plan ahead with some healthy snacks. Here’s a list of some of my favorite road trip snacks:
Fruits and Veggies
- Baby Carrots
- Celery Sticks
- Cucumber Sticks
- Pepper Strips
- Protein Bars (look for those that are fewer than 200 calories and more than 10g protein)
- Jerky (choose lower sodium jerky when possible)
- Meat & Fruit Bars (I’ve recently fallen in love with Epic Bars)
- Healthier Cookies (like FiberOne cookies or Lenny & Larry’s Complete Cookies – be careful, Lenny & Larry’s are TWO servings)
- Mini Rice Cake snacks (like Quaker Popped)
- String Cheese
- 100-Calorie Packs of Almonds
- Dried fruit
- Peanut butter
What are your favorite car-friendly snacks? Let me know in the comments! Want recipes to make your own protein bars? Buy my 2015 Recipe Collection!