I love Almond Joy and Mounds bars. There’s something about dark chocolate and coconut that just hits all the right notes for me. But candy really doesn’t fit into my regular diet anymore. I have some coconut flavored protein powder though, so I figured overnight protein oats were the way to go! If you don’t have coconut flavored protein powder, feel free to use vanilla and use coconut milk as your milk or add a splash of coconut extract.
Almond Joy Overnight Protein Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Powerful Greek Plain)
- ½ serving coconut-flavored protein powder (I used Isopure Low Carb Toasted Coconut)
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Ghirardelli)
- 2 tsp no-calorie sweetener (I used Sucralose)
- 4 oz. milk (I used Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk)
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 oz. raw almonds, chopped or sliced
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
Stir together all the ingredients for the oats in a bowl. Divide into two containers if desired, or simply cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight/at least 8 hours.
In the morning, top each serving with half the chopped almonds and a tablespoon of coconut. Enjoy!
This recipe, as I made it, contains 421 calories, 16g of healthy fat, 43g carbs, 8g fiber and a whopping 34g of protein! Plus it’s delicious! Perfect for a breakfast on the go. In the photos I took I used more milk, so yours will be a bit thicker than in the picture, but feel free to adjust the milk to your liking.
If you like this recipe, considering purchasing my 2015 Recipe Collection. It’s got twenty original recipes from yours truly. What’s your favorite way to make overnight oats? Let me know in the comments!
2 thoughts on “Recipe: Almond Joy Overnight Protein Oats”
Defo need to give this a go
LikeLiked by 1 person
I hope you like it!