Review: Fitness Blender’s At Home Butt and Thigh Workout
Excuse me while I slowly and carefully walk into the room.
Holy moly, I hurt in places I didn’t know had muscles!
This is my first Fitness Blender workout video that features Kelli, and she’s great! Just like Daniel, her instructions are clear and concise, and her “don’t half-ass it” attitude is right up my alley.
Here’s the skinny (from FitnessBlender.com)
- Lower Body Strength
- Timed Interval Sets 45 seconds on, 15 off
- 2 Sets Each Group (AB/AB Format)
- No warm up or cool down included (both are recommended)
- Single Leg Deadlift – pretty basic, no trouble for me here
- 3 Way Lunge (one interval per side) – I have a hard time maintaining balance while lunging, so it’s a move I need to work on
- Squat Hold & Rock – OW, OW OW OW. This simple move is EFFECTIVE.
- Calf Raise Curtsy – Similar to the 3 Way Lunge, I need to work on form
- Weighted Squat Hops – a basic move that’s harder than it looks! I need to work on keeping my feet wide
- Wide Squat + Side Leg Lift – I really enjoyed this one, easy to master but effective
- Assisted Pistol – I don’t think I was doing this right AT ALL, haha. It felt complicated.
- Deadlift + Kickout & Lift – made me very aware of how tight my hamstrings are!
- Reverse Leg Lifts + Pulses through the break – not complicated, but you could feel it
- Backbow Pulses – they do a lot of backbows on Fitness Blender, but for the life of me I have no idea what they do. I never feel any soreness.
- Marching Bridge + Kick – this was super fun! I like bridges.
- Inside Thigh Lift – like the Squat Hold & Rock, this move is OW, OW OW OW.
I will absolutely be continuing to do this video on Thursdays. It made my Friday kettlebell workout much harder, and I love that. I really like feeling the soreness after, it means I’m working muscles I don’t usually work that hard. Is it for beginners? Probably not. I already do a lot of kettlebell squats, and this made me very sore. Good for someone who wants to target thighs and butt. (I feel it mostly in my thighs but I do feel it in my butt when I sit on a hard surface.
So what do you think? Will you give this video a try? Let me know in the comments!