pAs we all are MORE than aware, Valentine’s Day is IMMINENT. (I mean, I was even reminded excessively while watching the season finale of The Expanse, which is IN NO WAY romantic. Unless you get butterflies in your stomach watching people puke from radiation poisoning. Hey, maybe you do, who am I to judge?)
Now I’ve never really been a fan of Valentine’s Day. I mean, you should be good to your significant other all the time, and not just one day of the year. Overpriced roses? Mediocre chocolates in a heart-shaped box? Not for me. And I wouldn’t be caught dead going out to eat on Valentine’s Day. That sounds like absolute TORTURE.
I do, however, like a tasty dessert, and it’s a double bonus if it’s homemade! So here are some delicious looking desserts I found on Pinterest that maybe, if I’m really, REALLY lucky, my husband will make for me.
- Individual Fruit and Brownie Trifles from Just A Taste
- Red Velvet Truffles from OMG Chocolate Desserts
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies from Bakerella
- Death by Chocolate Icebox Cake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Beer Brownies from Dessert for Two
- Red Velvet Oreo Trifles in a Jar from Life, Love and Sugar
- Linzer Cookies from Cooking Classy
- Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Hearts from Baker by Nature
- No Bake Chilled Double Chocolate Torte from Oh She Glows
- Heart-Shaped Mini Pies from The Chic Life
Any one of those sinful desserts would do, doncha think? Maybe if I’m lucky he’ll read this and make me one. Here’s hoping!
What sort of dessert are you hoping for this Valentine’s Day? Let me know in the comments!